Hollington - The Holy Redeemer

Upper Church Road, Hollington, St Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex TN37 7AS

title= title= title=

The Holy Redeemer is not a church of any special architectural merit.  The simple 1934 church was typical of its era but it has not been improved by the 1980s extension which overwhelms the former church building.

Built originally in 1934 to the designs of W C Mangan of Preston (Mangan also designed St Paul’s, Haywards Heath and the east end of Our Lady of Sorrows, Bognor Regis).  The church was doubled in size in the 1980s with an extension on the north side.  Internally the church was then re-oriented through 90 degrees with the sanctuary in the new extension.  The 1930s church is a simple brick building of nave and small sanctuary.  The only moment of monumentality is the west end which externally has a large round arch encompassing windows divided by a brick cross forming the mullions.

Diocese: Arundel and Brighton

Architect: Wilfrid C Mangan

Original Date: 1934

Conservation Area: No

Listed Grade: Not listed