Newhaven - The Sacred Heart

The Priest’s House, 36 Fort Road, Newhaven, East Sussex BN9 9EJ

title= title= title=

The Sacred Heart is a modest round-arched style building the character of which has been eroded by changes over the years.  

A brick and flint building in a simple neo-Norman style with triplets of stepped lancets.  The church appears to have been extended at the sanctuary end and to have had a completely new roof and windows.  According to D R Elleray it was designed by W Romaine Walker but this can not be verified and the building does not seem to be of the quality or calibre one would expect of an established London architect with a national practice.

Diocese: Arundel and Brighton

Architect: W E B Romain

Original Date: 1898

Conservation Area: No

Listed Grade: Not listed