Rustington - St Joseph

Station Road, Rustington, West Sussex BN16 3BE

title= title=

Not unattractive but of no particular architectural significance.          

The church of St Joseph’s is a simple gabled brick building of 1949-50, a plum coloured brick with minimal stone dressings.  Plain square-headed windows are arranged in triplets.  There is a modest tower or bell turret with a curious overhanging pyramid roof on bold brackets, the one distinctive feature of the building.  However it does not rise higher than the main ridge of the church roof.  The plain interior has a barrel-vaulted roof.

Diocese: Arundel and Brighton

Architect: John D Hicks

Original Date: 1950

Conservation Area: No

Listed Grade: Not listed