Selsey - Our Lady of Mount Carmel & St Wilfrid

The Presbytery, 12 Church Road, Selsey, West Sussex PO20 0LS

title= title= title=

A cheaply built church in reconstituted stone of clerestoreyed nave and sanctuary in one, aisles and projecting southwest tower with saddleback roof.

A cheaply built church in reconstituted stone of clerestoreyed nave and sanctuary in one, aisles and projecting southwest tower with saddleback roof.  Later church community rooms attached to north east.  The separate presbytery stands to the south.  On the west wall is a relief carving of Our Lady with the child Jesus and St Wilfrid in a boat.  Altar triptych by David O’Connell (1895-1976).  The best feature is a window in the entrance lobby by Powell’s of Whitefriars.

Diocese: Arundel and Brighton

Original Date: 1961

Conservation Area: No

Listed Grade: Not listed