Thaxted - The English Martyrs

The Maltings, off Park Street, Thaxted, Dunmow, Essex CM6

title= title=

A post-war prefabricated structure, not of architectural or historic significance. The church occupies a fairly large site on a back street outside the historic core of Thaxted.

There were Mass centres in Thaxted between 1927 and 1941, and 1950 and 1952. These  were  served  from  Great  Dunmow.  The  present  church,  a  prefabricated structure, was opened in 1952, and was also served from Dunmow. Since 1987 it has been served from Great Bardfield.

The church is a long, thin prefabricated structure, externally rendered, with metal casement windows and a shallow pitched roof of corrugated sheeting. There is an entrance porch at the west end. The interior is a single space, with a steel framed roof structure.  No internal features or furnishings of particular note were identified.

Diocese: Brentwood

Original Date: 1952

Conservation Area: No

Listed Grade: Not listed