Arnside - Our Lady of Lourdes

Silverdale Road, Arnside

title= title=

Attractive late nineteenth century stone-built school building, converted to church use in 1977.

With the building of the Lancaster to Kendal railway line, Arnside and Silverdale developed as seaside resorts. In 1926 a former Educational Institute was established as a chapel of ease. In 1977 the congregation moved to the present site, a National School building of 1880. The church is served from Milnthorpe.

Attractive late nineteenth century school building, with date stone in gable on main frontage. Asymmetrical entrance to right. Simple single volume interior with modern fittings, not of special interest.

Diocese: Lancaster

Architect: Not established

Original Date: 1880

Conservation Area: No

Listed Grade: Not listed