Barrow-in-Furness - St Patrick

Michaelson Road, Barrow Island, Barrow-in-Furness LA14 2RJ.

title= title=

Modest, unadventurous design for its date. The significance lies more in the location, at the heart of the historic shipyard development, close to listed tenement and other shipyard structures. This has been designated a conservation area.

A parish was established on Barrow Island in 1895 and a tin church built in 1901. This was replaced by the present church in 1932. The presbytery (Vickers House) of c.1890 was acquired in 1924.  The church was radically altered in the 1970s.

Red brick neo-gothic church of 1932, slate roof. Lancet windows, bays divided by pilasters/buttresses. Interior not inspected. The church was internally subdivided in the 1970s to create a church at the west end and a social area at the former east end.

Diocese: Lancaster

Architect: Unknown

Original Date: 1932

Conservation Area: Yes

Listed Grade: Not listed