Blackpool - Holy Family

Links Road, North Shore, Blackpool FY1 2RU

title=

A late work by the Pugin and Pugin practice, not outwardly of great significance

Work started on the church in 1929, at the time of the centenary of Catholic Emancipation.  It  was  built  at  the  personal  expense  of  the  parish  priest,  Canon Vaughan, and cost £1222 12s 4d.  Vaughan had earlier also paid for the church of St John the Evangelist at Poulton le-Fylde, also by Pugin and Pugin.

The church is of red brick with stone dressings in loosely Transitional style. The east side to the road is the most decorative, presenting three gables with windows of the spherical triangular type, those to the chapels with plate tracery. Other windows are generally lancets with trefoil heads. The west end has a bellcote and a statue above the entrance. Interior not inspected.

Diocese: Lancaster

Architect: Pugin & Pugin

Original Date: 1930

Conservation Area: No

Listed Grade: Not listed