Chagford - Holy Family

Lower Street, Chagford, Devon

title= title=

A functional prefabricated structure of the 1960s, in an attractive location overlooking Dartmoor.

Fundraising for a church in Chagford began in 1957, and the present building, built from designs by Robin McMillan Scott, was opened in 1963.The church is served from Okehampton. 

The church is a simple modern building of functional appearance with a concrete portal frame, rendered exterior walls on a stone plinth and a shallow-pitched, slate covered roof. The interior has not been inspected. 

Diocese: Plymouth

Architect: Robin McMillan Scott

Original Date: 1963

Conservation Area: No

Listed Grade: Not listed