St Agnes - Our Lady Star of the Sea

Trevaunance Road, St Agnes, Cornwall

title= title=

A functional building of the late 1950s, of no architectural importance but containing one good stained glass panel, presumed to be by Dom Charles Norris. 

The church was built in 1958 as a chapel of ease to Redruth. The Buildings of Englandgives the architects as Cowell, Drewitt and Wheatly of Truro, but gives the date as 1882. 

A simple rendered structure with a slate frontage and porch, concrete tile roof. Small statue in a recess over the porch. Modern plastic windows. The interior contains a single worship space with a flat suspended ceiling, moveable wooden chairs, and pine sanctuary furnishings. At the west end is a small space, the former baptistery, with a stained glass window of the Stem of Jesse, made in the dalle de verre technique, presumably by or under the direction of Dom Charles Norris OSB of Buckfast Abbey.

Diocese: Plymouth

Architect: Cowell, Drewitt and Wheatly (unconfirmed)

Original Date: 1958

Conservation Area: No

Listed Grade: Not listed