Pangbourne - Our Lady and St Bernadette

Horseshoe Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire

title=

Small 1950s church of some period charm.

The church was opened in 1958. It was built to the designs of Lewis E Trevers and built by Walden and Son Ltd, the cost was £10,595. Parish room were added in 1994.

Simple brick church consisting of a nave and one aisle incorporating a lady chapel, semi-circular apse, shallow pitched roof. The church hall is attached to the front of the church and was added later. The interior has a certain 1950s/Festival of Britain charm, with a shallow segmental curve to the roof of the main worship space, a semi-circular canopy attached to the soffit of the apse (originally over the high altar, now removed) and a large tiled mural in the aisle. 

Diocese: Portsmouth

Architect: Lewis E Trevers FIAS

Original Date: 1958

Conservation Area: No

Listed Grade: Not listed