Altrincham - St Hugh and St John

Manchester Road, West Timperley, Altrincham, Cheshire WA14

title= title=

A modern building of good functional design but without special architectural interest. A window by Doritie Kettlewell is of some artistic interest.

Timperley House was bought in 1930 and used for worship and a new church built in 1931.  The  house  was  afterwards  demolished  and  a  presbytery  built.  The  church, intended as a temporary structure, was eventually succeeded by a new building in 1981 and the old church adapted to serve as a parish centre.

The church is a low building of brick with a low pyramidal roof supported by exposed steel framework. Simply arranged inside, with modern furnishings, there is an L- shaped window at the northeast end designed by the illustrator Doritie Kettlewell.

Diocese: Shrewsbury

Architect: Anthony Bean of Brown, Smith & Baker

Original Date: 1981

Conservation Area: No

Listed Grade: Not listed