Station Road, Totnes, Devon
The parish was founded when Fr Wilfred Schneider of Buckfast Abbey opened a Catholic church inSouth Streetin 1902. In 1940 Crichel House with its land inStation Roadin the centre of Totnes was purchased. The present church was built in 1985 on the site of Crichel House.
A modern building with church and hall under a single long pitched roof. The external walls are rendered, the roof covered with artificial slate and punctuated with large triangular skylights. The broad west gable end wall has three round headed windows with a spherical triangular window above, possibly reused from the old church. Otherwise the fenestration is modern and functional. The interior is equally modern with walls are bare red brick, carpet covered floor and the undersides of the roof finished with timber. There is stained glass from the old church, one new window made at Buckfast, and a vivid set of Stations of the Cross.
Architect: Staverton Construction Ltd.
Original Date: 1985
Conservation Area: Yes
Listed Grade: Not Listed