Arundel and Brighton

The Diocese of Arundel and Brighton has 140 churches (as of 2005). The cathedral is in Arundel and is dedicated to Our Lady and St Philip Howard. The Diocese of Arundel and was established on 28 May 1965, taking areas that were formerly part of the Archdiocese of Southwark.

Wadhurst – The Sacred Heart

A curious building, simple but with a few architectural pretensions.  Of no more than local interest. A curious... Read More

Walton-on-Thames – St Erconwald

Although the west front has a certain drama, St Erconwald’s Church is not a building of much architectural... Read More

West Grinstead – Our Lady of Consolation and St Francis

Architecturally the building is a fairly typical late Victorian Catholic Church executed to a high standard if a little... Read More

West Hoathly – St Dunstan

A curiosity that continues to tell its unusual history through the unaltered front and the opened out interior.  The... Read More

Whyteleafe – St Thomas of Canterbury

In the decade between 1955 and 1965 a large number of churches were built, many of which were extraordinarily... Read More

Woking – St Dunstan

 The first stone of the church was laid in 1924 and the building was completed some three years later.  The walls... Read More

Worthing – St Charles Borromeo

One of the many churches designed by H Bingham Towner in the diocese.  Externally a satisfying composition that... Read More

Worthing – St Mary of the Angels

An exterior that has the ‘wow’ factor in its wider composition and because of its clear derivation from medieval... Read More

Worthing – St Michael

An unusual church with an attractive and devotional interior.  Of much interest but unlikely to be of sufficient... Read More

1 6 7 8