Clifton

The Diocese of Clifton has 123 churches (as of 2016). The cathedral is in Clifton, Bristol, and is dedicated to SS Peter and Paul. The Diocese of Clifton was founded on 29 September 1850. It covers the counties of Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and Somerset, and includes the major centres of Bath, Bristol, and Swindon. It is a suffragan diocese of the Archdiocese of Birmingham in the Province of Birmingham.

Amesbury – Christ the King

The church forms part of a complex created in 1985 by enlarging and adapting the existing mid-twentieth-century... Read More

Bath – Our Lady and St Alphege

A suburban church designed by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott and based on the Early Christian basilica of Santa Maria in... Read More

Bath – Our Lady Help of Christians (St Mary)

A high Victorian Gothic Revival design by Dunn & Hansom for an urban site in the north of Bath. The church remained... Read More

Bath – St John the Evangelist

The primary Catholic church in Bath and a major work by C. F. Hansom, in Decorated Gothic style. Its spire is the... Read More

Bath – St Peter and Paul

A small church of modest architectural pretensions, built on a square plan about the time of the Second Vatican... Read More

Batheaston – The Good Shepherd

A post-Vatican II church on a square plan, perhaps the most satisfactory of Martin Fisher’s designs in the diocese.... Read More

Bisley – St Mary of the Angles

A small, simple Arts and Crafts design of 1930 by a well-known Catholic architect, designed to sit comfortably in its... Read More

Bourton-on-the-Water – Our Lady Help of Christians

A simple, functional church-cum-hall of 1960, intended to serve a more substantial permanent church which has never... Read More

Bradford-upon-Avon – St Thomas More

The church occupies the principal first-floor room in the mid-nineteenth-century former Town Hall, one of the finest... Read More

Bridgwater – St Joseph

A small urban church built in his favoured early Gothic style by Canon A. J. C. Scoles, who was appointed mission... Read More

Bristol – Christ the King

A landmark structure of the 1950s, at the civic heart of this planned interwar estate. Internally, the church is... Read More

Bristol – Holy Cross

A notable interwar design in Byzantine style by John Bevan Jr, completed in a contextual manner in the early 1960s. The... Read More

1 2 3 10