Hallam

The Diocese of Hallam has 73 churches (as of 2015). The cathedral is in Sheffield  and is dedicated to St Marie. The Diocese of Hallam was founded on 30 May 1980 and is the newest Catholic diocese in England. It incorporates parts formerly in the dioceses of Leeds and Nottingham and consists of the county of South Yorkshire, parts of the High Peak and Chesterfield districts of Derbyshire, and the district of Bassetlaw in Nottinghamshire. It is a suffragan diocese in the Province of Liverpool, and is subject to the Archdiocese of Liverpool.

Abbeydale, Sheffield – Mother of God and St Wilfrid

Built in Early English Gothic style by the Sheffield architects Hemsoll & Paterson, the church opened in 1901 as... Read More

Armthorpe – Our Lady of Sorrows and St Francis

A post-war church built to serve a mining community, a design very much of its time and retaining many of its original... Read More

Askern – Blessed English Martyrs

The church was built to serve a mining community in 1940. It has an austere external appearance, not enhanced by... Read More

Bamford – Our Lady of Sorrows

A good example of a rural school/chapel in a low-key Elizabethan style, designed by an architect of note. The church... Read More

Barnsley – Blessed Sacrament

A modest dual-purpose church and hall, one of many such examples built on post-war housing estates to serve growing... Read More

Barnsley – Holy Rood

A fine Gothic design of the turn of the twentieth century by the Bradford architect Edward Simpson, prominently... Read More

Barnsley – Our Lady and St James

A small Gothic Revival design of the turn of the twentieth century, built for Anglican worship and acquired for Roman... Read More

Carcroft – St George and the English Martyrs

A dual-purpose church and hall built in the 1960s. The design provides a well-lit interior and flexible space. The... Read More

Chesterfield – Holy Family

A modest interwar structure, testament to the generosity and commitment of a parishioner who gave the land and built... Read More

Chesterfield – St Hugh of Lincoln

A multipurpose worship centre of the mid-1960s, with a simple and dignified worship space which can be expanded to... Read More

Chesterfield – The Annunciation

An interesting and important work of J. A. Hansom, which although built incrementally retains architectural coherence... Read More

Clowne – Sacred Heart

A plain dual-purpose post-war church and hall by the prolific firm of Reynolds & Scott. The village of Clowne... Read More

1 2 3 7