Nottingham

The Diocese of Nottingham has 141 churches (as of 2011). The cathedral is in Nottingham and is dedicated to St Barnabas. The diocese was founded in 1850 and encompasses the counties of Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and Rutland. It is a suffragan diocese in Province of Westminster, and is subject to the Archdiocese of Westminster.

Belper – Our Lady of Perpetual Succour

A stone-built church of the early 2oth century, re-using materials for former  service  buildings  attached  to... Read More

Bilborough – St Hugh of Lincoln

A 1960s church of modest design, the testing ground for the larger and more structurally adventurous St Teresa’s,... Read More

Birstall – St Theresa

A   modern   church   dating   from   1987   which   provides   a   large   and convenient worship... Read More

Bolsover – St Bernadette

A stone built church of striking roof form, one of a series of interesting 1960s designs in the Diocese by John... Read More

Borrowash – St Hugh

A modest post-war chapel, built largely with voluntary effort, altered and extended at various times. A mission... Read More

Boston – St Mary

A  typical  example  of  the  simple  Pre-Emancipation  Regency  type  of chapel that predominated before the... Read More

Boultham, Lincoln – St Peter and St Paul

A good 1960s church of striking design, one of the best of many built in the Diocese from designs by Reynolds & Scott,... Read More

Bourne – St Gilbert

Interesting for its plan form but not otherwise distinguished and clearly built to a tight budget. In 1911 Mary... Read More

Brigg – St Mary

A large church of unusual plan form, designed at the time of the Second Vatican Council to accommodate the needs of... Read More

Broadbottom – The Immaculate Conception

A small rural church in an attractive landscaped setting, built in Gothic Revival style in the 1890s to serve the... Read More

Bulwell – Our Lady of Perpetual Succour

A fine interwar design in Romanesque-Basilican style, little altered and with a good set of furnishings, including a... Read More

Burton-on-Trent – St Joseph the Worker (Chapel of Ease)

The church occupies the former Winshill Institute, a late 19th  century building of some local historical... Read More

1 2 3 4 12