Southwark

The Archdiocese of Southwark has 181 churches (as of 2009). The cathedral is in Southwark, London, and is dedicated to St George. The Diocese of Southwarkwas founded in 1850, being elevated to become an archdiocese in 1965. It encompasses the areas of the London Boroughs south of the River Thames, the whole county of Kent and the Medway unitary authority.

Woolwich – St Peter

A Decorated Gothic Revival church by A. W. N. Pugin of 1842-43, with a chancel and chapel by F. A. Walters of 1887-89.... Read More

Worcester Park – St Matthias

A building of the mid-1960s which combines an Italianate brick exterior with a more contemporary interior.   The... Read More

Wye, Ashford – St Ambrose (Chapel of Ease)

A modest 1950s building of utilitarian character and of no special architectural or historic note. Fittings include... Read More

1 16 17 18