Westminster

The Archdiocese of Westminster has 215 churches (as of 2013). The cathedral is in London and is dedicated to the Precious Blood. The Diocese of Westminster was founded on 29 September 1850. The diocese covers the Greater London boroughs north of the Thames and west of Waltham Forest and Newham, plus the districts of Staines and Sunbury-on-Thames, and the county of Hertfordshire.

Abbots Langley – St Saviour

A large church of the early 1960s, modern in architectural style and conventional in its liturgical planning (just... Read More

Acton – Our Lady of Lourdes

An Italian Romanesque church built at the start of the twentieth century from designs by Edward Goldie. It has a good... Read More

Acton East – St Aidan of Lindisfarne

A large suburban church of 1960-61 in what was then a thoroughly up-to-date style. It is by a respected firm who... Read More

Acton West – The Holy Family

A mid-1960s church with an elongated polygonal plan, reflecting a desire to reconcile post-Vatican II liturgical... Read More

Archway – St Gabriel

A modern church built after the Second Vatican Council. Blind walls minimise the noise from the adjacent street and... Read More

Ashford – St Michael

A large and imposing brick church and a significant work by Giles Gilbert Scott. Built in three stages to a unified... Read More

Baldock – Holy Trinity and St Augustine

A functional church design of the 1970s, with a later pitched roof. The parish was founded in 1913 and a church... Read More

Barnet – Mary Immaculate and St Gregory the Great

A functional centrally-planned church of the 1970s built by Lanner Construction, a firm responsible for many similar... Read More

Bayswater – St Mary of the Angels

Building work started in 1851–52, to a Puginian Gothic design by Thomas Meyer. Work was continued by Henry Clutton... Read More

Berkhamsted – Sacred Heart

An elegant design of 1966-67, built ‘on restrained modern lines with a simple and economic plan-form to serve the... Read More

Bethnal Green – Our Lady of the Assumption

Designed by Edward Goldie for the Assumptionists, this is a plain but powerful Gothic design. Described in the volume... Read More

Bishop’s Stortford – St Joseph and the English Martyrs

A handsome Italianate church built in 1906 for the Redemptorist order, along with a monastery incorporating Windhill... Read More

1 2 3 18