Westminster

The Archdiocese of Westminster has 215 churches (as of 2013). The cathedral is in London and is dedicated to the Precious Blood. The Diocese of Westminster was founded on 29 September 1850. The diocese covers the Greater London boroughs north of the Thames and west of Waltham Forest and Newham, plus the districts of Staines and Sunbury-on-Thames, and the county of Hertfordshire.

Borehamwood – St Teresa of the Child Jesus

A design of the early 1960s by the F. X. Velarde Partnership, displaying characteristics typical of that practice, and... Read More

Borehamwood North – St John Fisher and St Thomas More

A large church of the 1950s, built on a traditional longitudinal plan, serving the post-war expansion of Borehamwood... Read More

Bow – Holy Name and Our Lady of the Sacred Heart

A late nineteenth-century Gothic Revival church, restored in the 1950s after bomb damage. It retains a few of the... Read More

Bow – Our Lady and St Catherine of Siena

A plain Gothic Revival church built for the Dominican Sisters by Gilbert Blount. The church was later extended by the... Read More

Brentford – St John the Evangelist

A brick-built, mid-Victorian church, constructed on a small budget yet a building of great charm and some... Read More

Brook Green – Holy Trinity

An impressive early Victorian Gothic Revival church which shows the assured hand of its architect. It has much notable... Read More

Bunhill Row – St Joseph

A small chapel in the basement of a former school of 1901. The church is the successor to a school-chapel of c.1850.... Read More

Buntingford – St Richard of Chichester

A Gothic Revival flint and stone church built in 1914-15 from designs by Arthur Young, and financed in part by the... Read More

Burnt Oak – The Annunciation

The church is part of a complex built in the 1920s to serve the new Watling Estate. The picturesque exterior with its... Read More

Bushey – The Sacred Heart and St John the Evangelist

A large, late 1950s brick church, conventionally planned as it predates the changes emanating from Vatican II. The... Read More

Camden Town – Our Lady of Hal

A slightly unusual church with a mainland European character, presumably influenced by the Belgian order which... Read More

Carpenders Park and South Oxhey – St Joseph

A large brick church of 1960 with an impressive wide nave and narrow aisles, typical of conventional church planning... Read More

1 2 3 4 18