Westminster

The Archdiocese of Westminster has 215 churches (as of 2013). The cathedral is in London and is dedicated to the Precious Blood. The Diocese of Westminster was founded on 29 September 1850. The diocese covers the Greater London boroughs north of the Thames and west of Waltham Forest and Newham, plus the districts of Staines and Sunbury-on-Thames, and the county of Hertfordshire.

Chapel – Diocesan Seminary (Allen Hall)

A well-detailed modern chapel by Hector Corfiato, built to replace a bombed Romanesque Revival convent chapel of... Read More

Chelsea – Our Most Holy Redeemer and St Thomas More

A church of 1894-95, built from designs by Edward Goldie and unusually for that architect in a Renaissance rather than... Read More

Chelsea – St Mary

The mission was founded by the French émigré priest Abbé Voyaux de Franous, mainly to serve the Catholic pensioners... Read More

Cheshunt – St Paul

A late nineteenth-century former Anglican church hall, acquired for Catholic use in about 1998. According to Fr... Read More

Chipperfield – Our Lady Mother of the Saviour

A neo-vernacular design with a steeply pitched tile roof, built in 1998. The interior is attractive and welcoming,... Read More

Chiswick – Our Lady of Grace and St Edward

A fine, landmark building on Chiswick High Road, by a well-known and significant Catholic architect, John Kelly. The... Read More

Chorleywood – St John Fisher

This small place of worship occupies a former private house with an extension, now used as the worship area, designed... Read More

Clapton – St Scholastica

A bright, modern church whose architectural interest lies mainly in its west elevation with its distinctive apses. The... Read More

Clapton Park – St Jude

A former Methodist church of 1885, much altered in the course of adaptation for Catholic use. The church was... Read More

Clerkenwell – St Peter (Italian Church)

A piece of Italy in London. The church is of a scale and significance belied by its modest contribution to the... Read More

Clerkenwell – St Peter and St Paul

An Italianate former Nonconformist church, built for the Countess of Huntingdon’s Connexion. Acquired just over ten... Read More

Cockfosters – Christ the King

The church forms part of a modernist monastery complex begun in 1940 by Dom Constantine Bosschaerts, a pioneer of... Read More

1 2 3 4 5 18