School Lane, Alvechurch, Worcestershire B48
A red-brick former school building dating from the late nineteenth or early twentieth century, converted to church use in about 1970. The building is of homely domestic design and local historical interest.
The Sheldon family maintained a mission from the sixteenth century, first at Beoley and then, from 1783, at Chapel Farm, Heath Green. The mission at Redditch began in 1834. The church at Alvechurch and its associated facilities occupy a former Victorian school which was acquired in about 1970. Alvechurch is still part of the parish of Redditch, being served from Our Lady of Mount Carmel.
The church occupies a red-brick, single-storey Victorian former school, with steep peg tile roofs. It is a homely domestic design with a few Gothic touches in the fenestration. The windows are wooden-framed. The worship area is an L-shaped space with a suspended ceiling, which formed part of the core of the school. There are no furnishings of particular note. Leading off it are other spaces which are used for a kitchen, meetings, catechism etc.
Architect: Not established.
Original Date: 1900
Conservation Area: No
Listed Grade: Not Listed