Lancaster

The Diocese of Lancaster has 137 churches (as of 2005). The cathedral is in Lancaster and is dedicated to St Peter. The Diocese of Lancaster was founded on 22 November 1924. It consists of the historic counties of Lancashire north  of the Ribble and the counties of Cumberland and Westmorland. It is a suffragan diocese in Province of Liverpool, and is subject to the Archdiocese of Liverpool.

+Lancaster – Cathedral Church of St Peter

Built as an ambitious parish church in the confident years after the restoration of the hierarchy, and the... Read More

Alston – St Wulstan

A characterful vernacular building with a varied history. It has been used variously as the town jail, a stable and,... Read More

Alston Lane – Our Lady and St Michael

A compact and complete example of the kind of small parish church design advocated by Pugin, by architects of national... Read More

Ambleside -Mater Amabilis

The church and presbytery are a well-detailed and complementary pair of buildings dating from 1933, with low-key Gothic... Read More

Ansdell, Lytham St Annes – St Joseph

A substantial and expensive church with attached presbytery, by the Pugin firm for the Taylor brothers. The church and... Read More

Appleby – Our Lady of Appleby

A modest post-war design with a saddleback tower.  The church was built in 1958 from designs by N. M. Phillips of... Read More

Arnside – Our Lady of Lourdes

An attractive late nineteenth century stone-built school building, converted to church use in 1977. With the building... Read More

Askam-in-Furness – St Anthony

A modest early twentieth-century chapel serving a small former industrial town. Askam-in-Furness owes its existence to... Read More

Barrow-in-Furness – Holy Family

Post-war church, not (on the basis of external inspection) of  architectural or historic interest. A church was... Read More

Barrow-in-Furness – Sacred Heart

A red brick interwar church in neo-Basilican/Byzantine  style, of some  quality. Expansion of the ironworks... Read More

Barrow-in-Furness – St Columba

Post-war red brick church, with a raised 'bell cote' incorporating a Celtic cross. Extensive terraced housing for... Read More

Barrow-in-Furness – St Mary

Built to the designs of E. W. Pugin and the first and the finest Catholic church in Barrow, a planned... Read More

1 2 3 11