The Diocese of Shrewsbury was founded in 1850, and encompasses the counties of Cheshire and Shropshire (and parts of Derbyshire, Merseyside and Greater Manchester). The cathedral is in Shrewsbury, and is dedicated to Our Lady Help of Christians and St Peter Alcantara. 114 churches were visited for Taking Stock (2012).
The cathedral church of the Diocese of Shrewsbury, built from designs by E.W. Pugin, under the patronage of the... Read More
A church conceived on an ambitious scale, intended as the Cathedral church of the Diocese of Shrewsbury. Although... Read More