Leeds

The Diocese of Leeds has 114 churches (as of 2008). The cathedral is in Leeds and is dedicated to St Anne. The Diocese of Leeds was founded on 20 December 1878 out of the former Diocese of Beverley. It consists of the whole of West Yorkshire (with the exception of the parish of Todmorden) together with some parishes in the East Riding, North Yorkshire, Greater Manchester and Lancashire. It is a suffragan diocese in Province of Liverpool, and is subject to the Archdiocese of Liverpool.

Ackworth – Our Lady of Lourdes

A cruciform, simple brick building given external interest by the use of cast stone modern tracery to the windows. The... Read More

Addingham – (Our Lady and) English Martyrs

Modest  stone-built Arts and Crafts church in an attractive village setting. The dedication evokes the memory of... Read More

Airedale – St Edmund

A  representative  example  of  post-War  design,  built  just  before  the Second Vatican Council. A portal... Read More

Allerton Bywater – St John the Evangelist

A  simple  small  brick  church  of  1915  with  a  straightforward  interior much enriched recently by the... Read More

Baildon – St Aidan

Late Gothic Revival design of the 1930s by the Bradford architect Charles Simpson, who built widely in the parish.... Read More

Bardsey – The Blessed Sacrament

An attractive small inter-War chapel of ease built in a simple Arts and Crafts style, the interior appearance marred... Read More

Barnoldswick – St Joseph

A very late example of the Gothic Revival, perhaps more comparable to contemporary  Nonconformist  churches  than ... Read More

Batley – St Mary of the Angels

A medium-sized mid-Victorian Gothic Revival church of conventional form, whose interior is given additional interest... Read More

Batley Carr – St Joseph

Simple stone-built school-cum-chapel by Edward Simpson of Leeds. Dewsbury prospered from about 1870 with the... Read More

Bentham – St Boniface

A modest and simple building which serves its purpose but is not of any architectural distinction. Founded in... Read More

Bingley – Sacred Heart

Attractive group of church, former school and presbytery that fits well into the Victorian street scene; the buildings... Read More

Birstall – St Patrick

A typical  church of the late 1960s, the exterior given interest by  the variety of wall-planes and coloured facing... Read More

1 2 3 10