The Archdiocese of Southwark has 181 churches (as of 2009). The cathedral is in Southwark, London, and is dedicated to St George. The Diocese of Southwark was founded in 1850, being elevated to become an archdiocese in 1965. It encompasses the areas of the London Boroughs south of the River Thames, the whole county of Kent and the Medway unitary authority.
The cathedral church of the Archdiocese of Southwark. As originally built by A.W.N. Pugin in 1841-48 this was the... Read More
A modest Gothic Revival church, serving a poor district. The original small church by Buckler survives as the Lady... Read More