Silverdale Road, Arnside
An attractive late nineteenth century stone-built school building, converted to church use in 1977.
With the building of the Lancaster to Kendal railway line, Arnside and Silverdale developed as seaside resorts. In 1926 a former Educational Institute was established as a chapel-of-ease. In 1977 the congregation moved to the present site, a National School building of 1880. The church is served from Milnthorpe.
The church is an attractive late nineteenth century former school building, stone-built and Gothic, with a datestone in the gable on the main frontage. The entrance is placed asymmetrically to the right. The interior is a single volume space with modern furnishings.
Entry amended by AHP 17.12.2020
Architect: Not established
Original Date: 1880
Conservation Area: No
Listed Grade: Not Listed