4 Brighton Rd, Banstead, Surrey SM7 1BS
St Ann’s Church is an unpretentious but serviceable building.
Prior to the construction of this church the parish worshipped in a temporary hut. The present church, designed by C W Glover and Partners, was erected on the same site in 1950. Five years later the apsidal sanctuary was replaced with a square one designed by the architect Justin H Alleyn. In 1960 the organ loft was added to the building, while the following decade saw the construction of the present porch by W F J Nicholson.
The church stands on rising ground, screened by trees from the noise of the four lane Brighton Road. It is a simple rectangular structure, built in brick with paired lancet windows and a tiled roof. An extension has been built adjacent to the east end of the church making the overall shape of the building into an L.
Architect: C W Glover & Ptnrs; Justin Alleyne; W F J Nicholson.
Original Date: 1950
Conservation Area: Yes
Listed Grade: Not Listed