Presbytery: 13 Margate Street, Barrow-in-Furness LA14 3AF. Church is in Bristol Street, Barrow Island.
Post-war red brick church, with a raised ‘bell cote’ incorporating a Celtic cross.
Extensive terraced housing for shipyard workers was built on Walney Island, which lies a short distance from the mainland, across the Walney Channel. A parish was established in 1916 and the present school building to the south dates from this time. The present church was built in 1958, possibly from designs by Cruickshank & Seward of Manchester.
Description: Fairly large red brick church, slate roof. Continuous ridge. Western porch and large narrow west window framed by piers which continue up to a small open gable housing a cross. Interior not inspected.
Entry amended by AHP 17.12.2020
Architect: Cruickshank & Seward (unconfirmed)
Original Date: 1958
Conservation Area: No
Listed Grade: Not Listed