Quinney’s Lane, Bidford-on-Avon, Warwickshire B50
A functional church/hall converted in the early 1960s from a builders’ workshop.
The Stanford family of Salford Hall at Abbots Salford maintained a chapel and chaplain, which was used for Catholic worship until 1948, when the hall was sold by the Eyston family. A site on the edge of the old village, which included a former builders’ workshop, was purchased and the workshop converted into a church seating eighty people, opening on 18 August 1960. Initially served from Abbots Salford, this soon became an independent parish and a modern house adjoining the site was purchased to serve as the presbytery.
The core of the building is a rectangular structure with walls of Fletton brick, rectangular modern uPVC windows and a pitched roof with coverings of corrugated sheeting. The blind east wall is bare-faced brick, the long side walls have been painted. A red brick narthex has been added at the west end, with a full-height glazed south entrance. A further addition has been made at the east end of the south side. The interior was not inspected.
Architect: Not known
Original Date: 1960
Conservation Area: No
Listed Grade: Not Listed