Links Road, North Shore, Blackpool FY1 2RU
A late work by the Pugin and Pugin practice, not outwardly of great significance
Work started on the church in 1929, at the time of the centenary of Catholic Emancipation. It was built at the personal expense of the parish priest, Canon Vaughan, and cost £1222 12s 4d. Vaughan had earlier also paid for the church of St John the Evangelist at Poulton le-Fylde, also by Pugin and Pugin.
The church is of red brick with stone dressings in loosely Transitional style. The east side to the road is the most decorative, presenting three gables with windows of the spherical triangular type, those to the chapels with plate tracery. Other windows are generally lancets with trefoil heads. The west end has a bellcote and a statue above the entrance. Interior not inspected.
Original Date: 1930
Conservation Area: Yes
Listed Grade: Not Listed