Hall Road, Chopwell, Newcastle upon Tyne NE17
A simple functional modern church building of little architectural interest.
The first Catholic church at Chopwell was a modest structure built by Fr Rickaby in 1925 (letter in Diocesan archives). The present building is a modern replacement of c2005.
The church is a rectangular structure, single storeyed with a canopied west entrance, the walls faced in red brick laid in stretcher bond, the pitched roof covered in concrete tiles. The side walls have uPVC windows with triangular heads. The interior is simply fitted and arranged so that the space can be divided to form a hall separate from the worship area.
Architect: Not established
Original Date: 2005
Conservation Area: Yes
Listed Grade: Not Listed