Dewsbury Road, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire
A modest red brick church by J. H. Langtry-Langton in a simplified version of the Romanesque style.
The parish was established in 1946. The present church was erected in 1952 from designs by the Langtry-Langton partnership. The contractors were J. Crossland Ltd, of Cleckheaton. Later alterations were carried out by Walker Lilley & Associates.
A modest church in a simplified Romanesque style. The building is rectangular on plan, with a pitched overall roof covered in pantiles. Across the west front is a flat- roofed forebuilding with a tall round-arched central entrance door flanked by pairs of small round-headed windows. The side walls are each of seven bays divided by brick pilaster strips. The second and sixth bays from the west have small flat-roofed transeptal projections, the remaining bays have pairs of round headed windows. The interior has not been inspected.
Architect: J.H. Langtry-Langton
Original Date: 1952
Conservation Area: Yes
Listed Grade: Not Listed