Yew Tree Lane, Coseley, Bilston, Staffordshire WV14
A functional design of 1960, built to a limited budget and not of heritage significance.
The church was built to serve the expanding post-war population of the area. The design was made in 1958 and the building was blessed on 22 September 1960. The cost was £12,000. The church is served from Holy Trinity, Bilston.
The church is a steel-framed, functional, brick-faced structure, built on a steeply sloping site. It is carried on steel stanchions encased with concrete, leaving an open area underneath which was intended to cater for future expansion, ‘such as a Parish Hall, Classrooms or Presbytery’ (Catholic Building Review), none of which have transpired. The envelope of the building is square: at the rear are the entrance porch, WCs and sacristies. The window frames are wooden. The interior is plain, with plastered walls and a pitched ceiling. The altar is placed on the side wall, allowing all the seating (chairs) to be located closer to it. There are no fittings or furnishings that call for particular mention.
Architect: Jennings, Homer & Lynch
Original Date: 1960
Conservation Area: No
Listed Grade: Not Listed