Mount Nod Way, Mount Nod, Coventry CV5
A plain post-war design with the character of a dual-purpose church-hall.
The parish was erected in 1956 and the church built in 1962. It was opened on 28 June 1962. The architects were W.S. Hattrell & Partners and the contractors Messrs Arthur Maguire & Co Ltd of Coventry. The building cost about £22,000. The building has the appearance of a dual-purpose church and hall, possibly intended to be joined in due course by a purpose-built church; if so, this never happened.
The construction of the adjacent primary school was started in 1963. More recently, a larger sacristy and pre-school room were added at the northeast, as well as a narthex, parish room and porch at the west.
The church was built in 1962; several small-scale extensions have been added since. The walls are faced in brown bricks in stretcher bond. The plan is rectangular with a projecting former porch at the southwest, a new porch at the west (leading to new ancillary rooms) and a sacristy at the northeast. There are three pairs of vertical window bands on the south side, lighting the nave, and six windows in two vertical bands to the south side of the sanctuary. The interior was not inspected.
Architect: W. S. Hattrell & Partners
Original Date: 1963
Conservation Area: No
Listed Grade: Not Listed