East Ilsley, Berkshire
A converted farm building of attractive rural simplicity, making a positive contribution to the local scene.
The building is a long single storey nineteenth century barn or cart shed, converted to church use in about 1961. The elevation facing the road is of red brick laid in Flemish bond, without window openings, and relieved only by three stepped brick buttresses. There is a steep pitched roof, clad in clay tiles. At the liturgical west end there is a small entrance porch with a window in the gable. The rear elevation is clad in stained weatherboarding, with four modern windows. The interior has not been inspected, but the view through the windows indicates an original roof with tie beams and raking struts.
Original Date: 1850
Conservation Area: Yes
Listed Grade: Not Listed