Northfleet, Brookhouse, Peel Green, Eccles, Manchester M30
A modest and fairly conventional design of the 1950s, built to serve a new housing estate. The church was closed in 2010.
The church and presbytery were built in 1958-9 to the designs of F.A. Kerr at a cost of around £19,000. The church was founded to cater for a new housing estate at Brookhouse. It was closed for parish use about three years ago and is now used for storage and the presbytery is occupied by community of nuns.
All orientations given are liturgical. A low, almost domestic style building of brick with architectural emphasis concentrated on the west front, which faces a principal axis in the housing estate. Here the entrance is within a large recessed blind arch. The inner part of the arch is finished in basketwork brick. Above, there is a triplet of stepped lancets. There is plain clerestory lighting with some coloured glass along the sides and a link to the presbytery on the north side. Interior not inspected.
Architect: F. A. Kerr
Original Date: 1959
Conservation Area: No
Listed Grade: Not Listed