Connaught Road, Fleet, Hants
Polygonal 1960s church with interesting internal volume.
A small church was opened in 1908, and this was subsequently enlarged and is now the church hall. The present church was built in 1966 and was consecrated in May 1977. It was designed and built by Lanner Ltd, also responsible for a similar design in Church Crookham, on a ground plan put forward by Canon Walsh.
The cost was £30,000. It has seating for 350.
The brick faced church is six sided, each side gabled (three glazed). Narrow spirelet. Single storey flat roofed extensions to front and side. The interior is relatively simple, though the timber roof is fairly dramatic. Large mosaic behind the altar with enthroned Madonna and Child flanked by angels, by Dr J G Bajo. Stations of the Cross cast in bronze in Angers by Rene Gourden.
Architect: Lanner Ltd (Wakefield)
Original Date: 1966
Conservation Area: Yes
Listed Grade: Not Listed