Poulsom Drive, Ford, Liverpool 30
A modern structure with a prominent roof structure with continuous raised clerestorey along the ridge.
The parish was formed in 1953. The first church contained a notable mosaic by the Jewish refugee artist George Mayer-Marton, who taught at the Liverpool College of Art (his most notable work is at Holy Rosary, Oldham).
The present church was built in about 1987, from designs by the Pozzoni Group. It is a simple building with walls faced in red brick laid in stretcher bond and roof coverings of concrete tiles. The church consists of a single range under a broad pitched roof, with large windows at the liturgical east and west ends. Along the ridge of the roof is an upstand with gables at each end and in the centre of each long side. The roof sweeps down low almost to head height on the longer sides and the walls are windowless. The main entrances are contained in a transeptal projection in the centre of one side. The detailing throughout is slightly coarse. Interior not inspected.
Entry amended by AHP 9.1.2021
Architect: Pozzoni Design Group
Original Date: 1987
Conservation Area: No
Listed Grade: Not Listed