1 Lytham Road, Warton PR4 1AD
Of some interest as a dual purpose building erected under the patronage of two prolific clerical builders, but not of special architectural interest.
Built as a church/school by Fr Gillow of Kirkham and Canon James Taylor of Lytham and opened in 1899. Initially served from Kirkham, but c1906 Fr Gillow paid for a new presbytery, allowing for a resident parish priest. The back half of the church was originally a school, but this closed in the 1950s, when the whole building became a church. The sanctuary was reformed in the 1970s, a new porch added in the early 1980s and a parish hall in 2004.
Architecturally, this is one of the less distinguished buildings erected under the patronage of Canon Taylor (see other Lytham churches). Red brick with stone dressings, slate roof. Replacement windows. Interior not inspected.
Architect: Not established
Original Date: 1899
Conservation Area: Yes
Listed Grade: Not Listed