Timms Lane, Freshfield, Formby, Liverpool 37
Utilitarian design of the 1930s, somewhat altered.
St Anne’s was established as a chapel-of-ease to Our Lady of Compassion, Formby in 1886. The present church was built in 1933.
The church is a simple structure, built of brown brick laid in stretcher bond, under an artificial slate roof. Modern PVC triple windows to the six bays of the nave with creased tile sills and flat soldier courses above. The nave bays are marked by simple attached buttresses. The chancel is narrower and square ended and has a high rectangular east window with stained glass. The entrance at the west end is through a simple arched opening. Flat roofed sacristy and parish hall attached to north.
Architect: Not established
Original Date: 1933
Conservation Area: Yes
Listed Grade: Not Listed