High Street, Golborne, Warrington WA3
A modern building of little architectural interest, incorporating fittings from the previous 1920s church.
A mission was established in 1879 and there have been two previous churches on the present site. The foundation stone for the present church was laid in 1991 and the church opened in the following year.
The church is rectangular in plan with a broad projecting front porch. A steel frame supports the broad pitched roof, which is hipped at the front, while the front porch has its own pitched roof. The external walls are clad in red brick laid in stretcher bond and the roof is covered with concrete tiles. The side walls are articulated with plain brick piers, with an irregular arrangement of rectangular window openings. The liturgical east wall has a slightly projecting centre with a stepped triple window. The church incorporates many of the fittings from the previous building on the site, including the stained glass in the east window, the altar, reredos, Stations of the Cross and the nave benches.
Architect: R. T. Edge (Diocesan Directory)
Original Date: 1992
Conservation Area: No
Listed Grade: Not Listed