Upper Church Road, Hollington, St Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex TN37 7AS
A simple church of 1934, typical of its era and not improved by an 1980s extension which overwhelms the original building.
Built originally in 1934 to the designs of W. C. Mangan of Preston (Mangan also designed St Paul’s, Haywards Heath and the east end of Our Lady of Sorrows, Bognor Regis). The church was doubled in size in the 1980s with an extension on the north side. Internally the church was then re-oriented through 90 degrees with the sanctuary in the new extension. The 1930s church is a simple brick building of nave and small sanctuary. The only moment of monumentality is the west end which externally has a large round arch encompassing windows divided by a brick cross forming the mullions.
Architect: Wilfrid C Mangan
Original Date: 1934
Conservation Area: Yes
Listed Grade: Not Listed