Hillside Avenue, Huyton, Liverpool 36
A modern church building of 1990, fit for purpose but not of special architectural interest.
The parish was founded in 1939 but the present church was not built until 1990. The church is faced with grey industrial brick and roofed with brown concrete tiles. The plan is a large rectangular church body with a small entrance porch or narthex and an apsidal sanctuary at the liturgical eastern end. All three sections have separate pitched roofs. At the west end the northern half of the wall has vertical metal windows set between pilaster strips; the south half is occupied by the porch which has a full-width entrance on its northern side. The low side walls are windowless. The roof of the projecting sanctuary is raised above that of the nave, with a strip clerestorey window lighting the altar.
Entry amended by AHP 9.1.2021
Architect: J. Black & D. Wall
Original Date: 1990
Conservation Area: No
Listed Grade: Not Listed