Yarnell’s Hill, Botley, Oxfordshire
A simple post-war church design.
Building of the church began in 1953, on a plot of land acquired ten years earlier. The church was opened and blessed in the following year. The tower and Lady Chapel were added in 1957. The total cost was about £7,000. The church is of portal frame construction or similar, clad in brick under a shallow roof. The later tower gives off the north side, low, with a pyramidal roof. The interior is a single volume with exposed brick. The painting over the altar is a photograph of an altarpiece of the school of Tintoretto.
Architect: Not established
Original Date: 1954
Conservation Area: No
Listed Grade: Not Listed