Bagley Wood Road, Kennington, Oxford
A simple prefabricated structure, with one or two furnishings of note.
In 1958 Fr Crozier acquired the site of the present church, then occupied by two buildings used for storing antiques. One of these was put to use as a temporary church. The present church was built in 1965 at a cost of £8,000 and opened on 21 September of that year. It is a prefabricated single-storey building with a flat roof. The only furnishings of note are the alabaster altar, from the former Anglican convent of St Thomas, Oxford, and a square low relief carved tablet of The Good Shepherd, signed RMBF, 1951. Half of the former nave area is now leased to Headway, a children’s charity.
Architect: Reginald G. Kind
Original Date: 1965
Conservation Area: No
Listed Grade: Not Listed