Langdale Gardens, Perivale, Greenford, Middlesex UB6
A modern, fairly small, church, located alongside the A40 trunk road. It is not a building of significant heritage interest, although the interior is well planned, pleasing and welcoming.
A church was built on the site in 1936 and dedicated to the (then) newly-canonised St John Fisher. This was destroyed by fire (possibly arson) on 18 June 1967. The replacement church was built from designs by B. D. Kaye and was opened on 3 July 1970.
The church has a reinforced concrete frame with brick infill panels. There is a porch and narthex to the west. The chief feature of the exterior is the sloping aluminium roof, which rises to an elongated pyramid placed over the junction between the seating area and the sanctuary. It has glazing to illuminate the space below.
Inside there are two banks of seating focusing on the sanctuary. The worship space is roughly square. It is covered by sloping, boarded ceilings which culminate in the illuminated pyramid mentioned above.
The slit windows are filled with thick, bright abstract dalle de verre glass by Goddard & Gibbs (1970).
Architect: B. D. Kaye
Original Date: 1970
Conservation Area: No
Listed Grade: Not Listed