Church Avenue, Fishwick, Preston PR1 4UD
A late essay in Early English Gothic by a local architect, of some scale and architectural ambition.
*Update: church now closed*
The church was built in 1930 on the Callon estate, the architect being R. Mercer of Preston. A parish hall was added 1938. The church is a thin, late exercise in Early English Gothic, red brick with stone dressings. Nave, aisles, insubstantial hammerbeam roof. High stone reredos.
Architect: R. Mercer
Original Date: 1930
Conservation Area: No
Listed Grade: Not Listed