Commercial Street, Slaithwaite, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
A modest building of little architectural interest.
The first Mass centre opened in Slaithwaite in 1907. The present church was built in 1914/15 from designs by W.H.H. Marten of Leeds. The full costs of the building were borne by Sir Joseph and Lady Radcliffe. From 1920 until 1952 the church was combined with St Brigid Longwood, serving a single parish. After that Slaithwaite became a separate parish but since May 2007 has been part of the new combined Huddersfield parish of The Holy Redeemer.
Architect: W. H. Herbert Marten of Leeds
Original Date: 1914
Conservation Area: Yes
Listed Grade: Not Listed