Sparrow Hall Road, Liverpool 9
A modest design by a well-known firm of church architects. Interior not inspected.
The parish was established in 1937, and the present church built in 1972. The architect was H. Lewis Curtis of Broadbent, Hastings, Reid & Todd, a former partner of H. S. Goodhart-Rendel. This influence shows in some of the detailing (eg brick banding).
The church is built of buff brick with a wide, spreading pitched roof covered in blue concrete tiles. At the liturgical west end the nave is defined by two projecting buttresses; between them is a small central porch with a projecting canopy; the nave gable above is filled with seven tall strip windows, the aisle ends have a further four windows of similar type. The south side has a central projecting baptistery with brick banded walls and a monopitch roof. The east wall is blind apart from a shallow-projecting sanctuary which also has banded brick walls and three strip windows at the wall-head. The interior has not been inspected.
Entry amended by AHP 11.01.2021
Architect: Broadbent, Hastings, Reid & Todd
Original Date: 1972
Conservation Area: No
Listed Grade: Not Listed